What To Do If You Are Injured

injured-handWhen an employee is injured on the job, he or she should immediately report the accident to the employer, or the nearest person in authority of the management line or you may jeopardize the payment of medical fees and other compensation you may be entitled to under the act. In no event should the employee wait more than ninety (90) days from the date of the accident to report it to the date of death. Failure to comply with the timeliness statutes could negate any possible award or other compensation. The common sense of all of this is that the longer you take to advise of the award, the harder it is to be believed the injury happened. Even if you do not believe the injury is a big deal you should report it in the event the condition worsens. If you have been hurt and but no one has completed paperwork about your injury, call Spann Wilder Law, LLC at (843) 266-7792 or 1-800-866-3830.

How is medical care determined?
The employer gets to select the medical provider who will treat you throughout your claim. This treatment is provided with no out of pocket expense to the injured worker. If problems arise, a second opinion can be requested. If the request is not honored, there are options that can be explored such as visits to a physician with your own health insurance or an independent medical evaluation organized by an attorney’s office.

Work-Related Injury or Not?

An injury must be either (1) Injury by Accident or (2) Occupational Disease. “Injury” and “personal injury” shall mean only injury by accident arising out of and in the course of the employment. Diseases are those that result naturally and unavoidably from the accident and diseases that stem from certain types of employment.