With all that be said above, not everyone who has been in an automobile accident needs to hire an attorney. When people seek representation from our firm, there are two scenarios where we will tell them that they do not need to hire an attorney:
1. When there are no injuries and you have only damage to the car; or
2. When there are very minor injuries that completely resolve within a few days of the accident.
If you are going to settle your own injury claim, here are a few more things to be aware of:
1. Make sure you are 100% injury free. It is recommend that you wait at least 30-60 days before settle your claim to ensure you are injury free and to obtain billing statements from all medical providers.
2. You should get medical treatment if you have experienced any pain. The longer you wait, the more reason the insurance company has to deny your claim. The mindset is simply: If you are hurt, you will see a doctor.
3. Make sure you submit ALL medical bills, even if paid already by health insurance. You are entitled to be reimbursed the full amount of the itemized charges, not the balance due after other insurance payments.
4. Make sure you add on a reasonable amount for your pain and suffering.
5. Always check with your insurance company about whether you have any medical payment coverage on your policy and if so, what dollar amount. This coverage allows you to have your medical bills paid from your own coverage so that you will not have to worry about medical providers calling you for payment arrangements. With your bills paid, you can focus on recovery.
If you are unsure if you need to hire an attorney or not, you can call us and we will give you an honest appraisal. If you have been hurt, or a loved one has died, as the result of a car accident, you need the help of a firm that has the experience and resources to protect your rights. Do not permanently lose your right to seek damages from those who caused you harm, call Spann Wilder Law, LLC today. Gathering evidence, developing legal strategies, or representing you in negotiations with insurance agents, we will work to ensure that your accident claim receives fair compensation. Call for FREE advice at (843) 266-7792 or toll free at (800) 866-3830 to have your claim evaluated.